Summer Holiday Homeworking Challenge !
The Curriculum Teams are setting the students a holiday Challenge. Please take a photograph of your young person carrying out one of these homeworking challenge activities and send it in to school. We love seeing your photos! Email photos to email@example.com
2. Help your family to make a picnic of summer foods to eat in the park or in the garden
Chop mint and fruits and add to a jug of water and keep it cool in the fridge to drink on a warm day
Make some fruit flavoured ice cubes or frozen yogurt in cubes
HOMEWORKING FROM YOUR IEP !
Many parents would like us to provide homework for their children to do outside school hours. From Autumn 2016 we are listing homeworking tasks in each student’s IEP targets which are sent home at the beginning of each term.
Many of our pupils cannot do written work and it would not be useful for them to be sent this type of work. For those who can undertake simple worksheets we also know that there is a limit to the quantity it is useful for our pupils to do.
It is extremely useful for young people with learning difficulties to practice their skills through practical tasks.
•Becoming more independent in all aspects of their own personal care
• Helping with cooking
• Laying the table for a family meal
• Tidying their room
• Making a bed
• Helping with shopping
• Helping with household tasks such as laundry
• Using Symbol Schedules & Reminder Strips to help with Independence
• MORE Details
PHYSICAL & CREATIVE HOMEWORKING
• Exercise or sport, especially when done with other young people
• Choosing music to listen to
• Arts and Crafts
• Website Links
• MORE Details