My name is Muna Ali and I am the school family support worker. I support our students' families to access the community by providing support and guidance on a wide range of topics concerning the needs of your young person.
I support our families in the following areas:
- Applications for social care referrals
- Direct families to organisations that support disabled children and their families
- Signposting on where to apply for grants for equipment
- Assisting with benefits applications such as; Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payments
- Applications for Freedom Passes and School Travel Assistance
- A monthly training Workshop for parents/carers to promote information sharing and participation in the local community
- Finding leisure activities for your young person outside school
- A termly parents/ carers meeting group - where parents and carers can gain support from one another, share local information and knowledge.
Parent/Carer drop in session
On Wednesdays I run a drop-in session from 9:15 -12:00 where parents and carers have the opportunity to speak about any issues they need support with.
Tuesdays and Fridays appointment only sessions
Parents and carers can book an appointment with the school reception if you need any support.
In addition, I am always happy to listen to any concerns parents/ carers might have on any issues they may be facing at home or in school, and supporting them on finding solutions.