Start Date: January 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary: Group 7 School L31 – L37
£96,116 - £110,785 per annum (Outer London Leadership Pay Scale)
An incentive of up to 10% will be considered for an exceptional candidate.
Are you ready to make a real difference to the Oaklands community?
Oaklands is an ‘outstanding’ special school serving the London Borough of Hounslow that provides specialist education to students with severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple difficulties and autism aged 4-19. We have a Primary school (New Oaks), and a Secondary school (High Oaks). We are based across two different sites with both our school buildings offering state of the art facilities for our students and we serve a socially and ethnically diverse population, with children coming from within Hounslow and the surrounding Boroughs.
Following the decision of the current Headteacher to retire, the Governing Board of Oaklands Special School is seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic individual to continue the lead the way in a thriving community. The right candidate will have the drive and direction to create a school with high expectations and a relentless focus on individual achievement based upon outstanding teaching and approaches to SEND.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis and to develop pedagogy through reflection. The school holds the National Autistic Society Advanced Award, and we pride ourselves on a strong ethos of inclusion and diversity.
The right candidate will:
- Have the ability to develop an outstanding educational SEN provision that results in outstanding outcomes.
- Show the willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them.
- Have the ambition to capitalise on exciting prospects for growth.
- Be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose.
- Be committed to high standards of teaching and learning and the professional development of all staff.
- Possess an unrelenting focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement.
- Have a track record of effective senior management success and excellent communication skills.
What we Offer:
- Development opportunities within the Hounslow Education Partnership of Schools.
- The security of working in a climate of shared accountability.
- Investment in your professional development and future career.
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation.
- Access to a suite of core services that enable you to focus more on leading, teaching and learning.
- A welcoming environment where the children enjoy learning, are positive and cheerful.
- A supportive Governing Board.
- Professional, hardworking and motivated staff committed to developing and raising standards.
Potential candidates for this role are strongly encouraged to visit the school or to contact us for an informal conversation. Please contact Ohifeme Ohiosimuan, School Business Director, at the school on 020 8560 3569 or email@example.com if you would like to arrange a visit.
Visits are scheduled for the following dates: 15th, 22nd, 29th September 2023 from 10am onwards.
Closing date for applications: Midday on the 2nd October 2023.
Interview day: Monday 16th October 2023.
Please submit your completed application by email to: Yvette Mayers, Strategic HR Lead for Schools and Children’s and Adult Services at the London Borough of Hounslow via Yvette.Mayers@hounslow.gov.uk
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website. https://www.oaklands.hounslow.sch.uk/
Oaklands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, teaching and non-teaching (including temporary and supply staff), governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants for all vacancies will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service