Oakland’s School Aims
- To provide each individual with a safe, stimulating, challenging, supportive learning environment.
- To promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, cognitive and physical development of all.
- To create a community in which each individual is valued and enabled to play a full part in school life.
- To enable each individual to maximise their potential to become confident learners.
- To develop effective communication skills.
- To help students to stay safe and learn to protect and to assert themselves.
- To ensure all students have access to a relevant broad and balanced curriculum designed to meet their personalised learning needs.
- To support parents/families through multi-agency work with all stakeholders.
- To encourage families to work in partnership with professionals, to the benefit of our students, and the work of the school.
- To provide inclusion opportunities at other schools and colleges.
- To prepare students for smooth transitions pre and post school.
- To promote healthy lifestyle choices to aid well-being.
- To follow Every Disabled Child Matters guidelines and facilitate equal opportunities for all.