Team-Teach provides training to staff groups in children's and adult services and Health Care Trusts in behaviour supports and interventions. The training combines both theory and practice, emphasising the need for staff to show restraint rather than apply it! Providing a risk assessment structure to the selection of physical interventions that best allow the employer to provide a risk reduced workplace for service users and staff.
Team Teach Aims:
- To promote the least intrusive positive handling strategy and a continuum of gradual and graded techniques, with an emphasis and preference for the use of verbal, non-verbal de-escalation strategies being used and exhausted before positive handling strategies are utilised.
- To enable services develop acceptable and authorised responses to disruptive, disturbing, angry and aggressive behaviours in a manner that maintains positive relationships and provides safety for all, by training in Team-Teach.
- To reduce the amount of serious incidents involving physical controls in all settings and to emphasise the importance of exhausting behaviour management strategies in the first instance.
- To increase the awareness of staff concerning the importance of recording and reporting, monitoring and evaluating, all incidents involving positive handling.
- To provide a process of repair and reflection for both staff and children.